Sunday 11 August 2013

The Face: REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate



A couple of months ago it was my birthday, and with my birthday pennies I went out and bought some REN skincare bits I'd been eyeing for quite some time. 


One of them was this REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate. Its main ingredients are Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid and Citric Acid. Acids are great for problem skin, as they constantly lightly exfoliate the skin and here by prevent breakouts, acids are also great to unplug those underskin bumps. 

The results REN promises by using this concentrate are a more radiant, even toned and smooth skin, a reduction in the appearence of the pores and fine lines, but also an improvement in moisture retention and just a general improvement in the efficacy of you skincare routine. 

Now I've been using this concentrate at night time only for a couple of months and I've stopped using it when I was on holiday. I can already tell my skin is much smoother and softer, some old acne scars are starting to fade and I seem to have less blackheads. Also it seems to bring out those stubborn under the skin blemishes, which does result in real breakouts, but at least it's getting everything out. 

As I already mentioned I only use this product at night time, because it's not good to use in the mornings as your skin might get burned easier by the sun and their is a higher risk of sun damage, so do always use an SPF when using products with acids in them. Even on cloudy days! So after I've cleansed and toned in the evenings I put on the concentrate, wait a bit to let it soak in, then apply a serum and a moisturiser. 

I know REN skincare isn't the cheapest, but I'm a strong believer in a good skincare regime. Why spend your money on loads of makeup to cover up your face, when you can spend it on a good skincare regime and overtime not need makeup anymore because your skin looks that nice. 

Have any of you tried this product or do you want to try it? 


Love, Alissia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x