Friday 16 August 2013

The Face: Hydrating Products


Today I'm going to bust a myth for you all. People with oily skin do not need to apply moisturiser.
People with oily skin DO need to apply moisturiser. The cause of oily skin can often be dehydration, because your skin lacks hydration it will produce extra sebum to keep your skin moisturised. So oily skinned gals, get moisturising!

Now I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, not every oily skin needs an hydrating moisturiser, for some it will probably cause more sebum production. However since using the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Légère - légère = light - moisturiser, I have noticed that my skin isn't as much of a grease fest as it usually is. So if you have oily skin, it's maybe worth trying out a hydrating moisturiser, as you too might have dehydrated skin. I do only apply this at night time, as I find it a bit too hydration for the day time. I prefer a mattifying moisturiser then.

To boost the hydration levels of my skin even more, I like to apply the La Roche Posay Hydrapahse Intense Mask once a week. This mask is intended to leave on for 5 to 10 minutes and then wipe the excess product off with a cotton pad. What I like to do though is apply this mask once a week in the evening as my night time moisturiser, so as an overnight treatment. Not only does it leave your skin incredibly hydrated, it also leaves it feeling soft and smelling gorgeous.

Never thought I would be using hydrating products for my oily skin, but what do you know, it works!
Have you ever tried any of these products? Do you do this too?


Love, Alissia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I'll answer all of your questions if you have any! x